Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Orange You Excited to Decorate a Gender Neutral Nursery?

Another gender neutral color (other than yellow...and green...which is the new yellow) is orange.  Maybe orange will become the new green?  Orange and turquoise is a trendy color combination, but a little too modern and loud for my taste.  I prefer bringing the orange down with white, cream and tans.






1. Macaroni pumpkin crib bedding set by Nurseryworks ($330-$340)
2. Orange slice pillow by Winter Petals ($39)
3. Chunky baby blanket by How Cute Are You? ($25)
4. Owl coin bank by Z Gallerie ($12.95)
5. Orange dandelion photograph by Carl Christensen ($15)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, thanks for bring up the all-important gender neutral colors! My baby is a BOY, and I chose a mauve scheme, which is my favorite color. Only everyone thought it was PURPLE (um, no...), and that he was a girl or that I was trying to make him gay or something. I spent over $2,000 on my nursery decorating, and it was a huge mistake. I had to repaint. I went with solid blue, so now everyone knows he's a boy, and I decorated with a boat and truck theme. Classic, plus probably healthier for him in the long run. It was probably one of the most stressful things I have ever gone through, but it was worth every penny to know it was done right in the end. (P.S. Those sheets are super cute, but I'd say you probably need to get in the $350 range for a crib set if you want that extra soft feeling and a guarantee of the best quality material for the baby.)

Unknown said...

great
Top Baby Monitors