Elephants are clearly not as trendy as owls in the world of babies and nurseries. But they are definitely just as cute, right? Maybe even cuter?
In addition to being adorable, elephants can also be cool, contemporary and mature. I'm always interested in decor themes that can transcend nursery boundaries into adult design because I live in a small apartment. A strong theme in a small apartment can over take the entire space. Picking a theme that works for a whole space (nursery, bedroom, living room and even kitchen) is especially important when it's small. Imagine 800 square feet full of leopard print from rug to pendant lamp. Scary. Elephants, on the other hand, could work. In moderation.
Elephants work for babies.
Elephants work for grownups.
|by Z Gallerie|
Some ideas for a baby boy's elephant themed nursery.
1. Elephant print by Pumpkin and Butterfly ($18)
2. Elephant lamp by Uncommon Goods ($20)
3. Plush striped elephant by The Land of Nod ($16.95)
4. Eli's elephant nursery bedding by Pottery Barn Kids ($24.50 - $99)
5. Elephant clock by Uncommon Goods ($29.99)
Some ideas for a baby girl's elephant themed nursery.
1. Elephant print by Galerie Anais ($14)
2. Elephant and balloon pillow by Tailorbird Designs (25 euro)
3. Stuffed toy elephant by Rabbits Moon ($38.50)
4. Pink and gray elephant crib bedding set by Carter's ($137)
5. Elephant baby blanket by Kiki Kiddos ($55)