Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 New Year Resolutions

It's time to consider, reconsider and commit to a few resolutions for the new year.  The magical year of 2012 is almost upon us (in 2.5 days) and no time is better than RIGHT NOW to figure out the changes you'll make, bad habits you'll break and goals you'll achieve in the next 365 days. 

Before you do so, let me tell you a little about 2012.  I'm not psychic, just quick with my Wikipedia research.

  • The Year of the Dragon - According to the Chinese Zodiac, 2012 is the Year of the Dragon.  It will be a year marked by intensity and enthusiasm.  Contrast that with 2011, the Year of the Rabbit, which is was marked by serenity and tranquility.  For those of you who just thought, "yeah right...serenity and tranquility my ass....", this first point might not impact your resolution making.
  • Leap Year - February 29th exists in 2012.
  • The Hunger Games - I couldn't end the year without another reference to this book and the entire trilogy.  For those keeping track, I will now reveal that I've finished all three books.  While I'm tempted to share my thoughts, they're not really "Next Stop Baby" relevant....though I could be persuaded.  The first movie, The Hunger Games, is due out in May 2012. 
  • Summer Olympics - London will host the 2012 summer olympics, from July 27 to August 12, making it the first city to host three olympic games.
  • Presidential Election - On November 6, 2012, the good folk of United States will elect a new (or the same) president.

Let's make some resolutions.

For the Baby Crazed individual, trying to simmer down in 2012 probably won't work.  You're baby CRAZY (not baby happy) and it's the Year of the Dragon.  Maybe resolve to put your energy toward something that will benefit your future offspring - learn to knit baby booties? 

For me, the relatively new blogger (it's been almost a year!), I've resolved to write at least two posts a week that are focused on story telling, quirky observations and deep thoughts.  Through the process of writing for Next Stop Baby, I've also become a blog follower.  In part, I wanted to see how other people did this blogging thing and, in part, I was genuinely interested in the subjects.  Blogs that post often have a certain appeal because you can count on a daily (or near daily) fix.  But, I'm a bigger fan of blogs that post quality content.  As an avid follower, it's easy to tell when a blogger publishes a cop-out post...I'm sure you've been able to spot my cop-out posts over the last 11 months.  So, I'm vowing to write quality posts only.  This will inevitably mean that I will post less often, but I'm cool with that.  I hope you are too.

What are your 2012 resolutions?

No comments: